How to tell if a Rolex is real or fake | Spot fake Rolex
To tell if a Rolex is real or fake:
- Check the weight: Real Rolex watches are made of high-quality materials and have a substantial weight to them. If the watch feels light, it may be a fake.
- Inspect the logo and lettering: Rolex watches have very precise and consistent logo and lettering. Make sure that the logo and lettering are crisp, clean, and well-defined.
- Examine the movement: A real Rolex has a self-winding mechanical movement, or a perpetual movement with a rotor, it should be smooth when the crown is turned and the seconds hand should sweep smoothly.
- Check the serial number: All Rolex watches have a unique serial number engraved on the case back or between the lugs, it should match the documentation and the model.
- Analyze the bracelet: Rolex bracelets have a distinct feel and are made of high-quality materials. The links should fit together snugly and not have any sharp edges.
- Compare the price: Real Rolex watches are luxury items and are priced accordingly. If the price seems too good to be true, the watch is likely a fake.
- Check with Rolex website or authorized dealer: They can help you verify the authenticity of the watch, by providing the information about the serial number and the model.
- Professional Appraisal: A professional watch appraiser can examine the watch and provide a detailed report on its authenticity, model, production year and value.
It’s important to remember that even if a watch has all of the above characteristics, it is still possible that it could be a well-made fake. The best way to ensure that you are purchasing a genuine Rolex watch is to buy it from an authorized Rolex dealer.