Banana Bread Recipe | Quick & Easy
Quick Banana Bread Recipe
Introduction Banana bread is a classic baked good that many people enjoy. It’s simple to make and uses ingredients that are often readily available in most kitchens. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at a banana bread recipe that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
The following ingredients are needed to make a delicious banana bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mashed bananas and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the banana mixture, alternating with the buttermilk, and mix until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips for Success
- Use ripe bananas for maximum flavor. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough, you can speed up the ripening process by placing them in a paper bag with an apple or a pear.
- Make sure your butter and eggs are at room temperature before starting. This helps ensure even mixing and a better texture.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix until just combined to avoid a tough or dense bread.
- If your bread is browning too quickly on top, cover it loosely with foil and continue baking.
- Add chocolate chips or chopped nuts for a little extra texture and flavor.
- Use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour for a healthier twist.
- Add cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter for a warm, spicy flavor.
Banana bread is a simple and delicious baked good that’s perfect for any occasion. With this recipe and a few tips for success, you’ll be able to make a perfectly moist and flavorful banana bread every time. So, grab those ripe bananas and get baking!