Meatloaf Recipe | Quick & Easy
Easy Meatloaf Recipe
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that many people enjoy. It’s easy to make and can be customized to suit your taste preferences. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at a meatloaf recipe that’s sure to become a favorite in your household.
The following ingredients are needed to make a delicious meatloaf:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs and milk. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, ground pork, beaten eggs, grated Parmesan cheese, chopped onion, chopped celery, chopped carrot, minced garlic, dried thyme, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the breadcrumb mixture to the meat mixture and mix well to combine.
- Pour the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Spread the mixture over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatloaf reaches 160°F (71°C).
- Allow the meatloaf to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan and transferring it to a serving platter.
Tips for Success
- Use a mixture of ground beef and ground pork for maximum flavor and texture.
- Don’t overwork the meat mixture. Mix until just combined to avoid a tough meatloaf.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure that the meatloaf is fully cooked. The internal temperature should reach 160°F (71°C).
- Let the meatloaf rest for a few minutes before slicing to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Add chopped bell pepper or mushrooms to the meat mixture for extra flavor and texture.
- Substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef and pork for a lighter version.
- Add a tablespoon of Dijon mustard to the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce mixture for a tangy twist.
Meatloaf is a classic comfort food that’s easy to make and customize to your liking. With this recipe and a few tips for success, you’ll be able to make a perfectly moist and flavorful meatloaf every time. So, grab those ground meats and get cooking!