Chili Recipe | Quick, Tasty & Easy
Quick Chili Recipe
Chili is a hearty and delicious meal that’s perfect for a cold winter’s night or a game day party. There are countless variations of chili, but this recipe will guide you through making a classic beef and bean chili.
To make this beef and bean chili, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes
- 2 cans (15 oz each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the diced onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and minced garlic to the pot. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chili powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Stir to combine and cook for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the diced tomatoes (including their juice), drained and rinsed kidney beans, tomato sauce, and beef broth to the pot. Stir to combine.
- Bring the chili to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded together and the chili has thickened to your liking.
- Serve the chili hot, topped with your favorite toppings such as shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, or sour cream.
Tips for Success
- Use high-quality ground beef for the best flavor and texture in your chili.
- Don’t skimp on the spices – they’re what give the chili its signature flavor.
- If you prefer a spicier chili, add more chili powder or a diced jalapeño pepper to the pot.
- For a thicker chili, you can add a tablespoon of cornmeal or masa harina to the pot during the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Substitute ground turkey or chicken for the ground beef for a lighter version.
- Add a can of corn or diced green chilies to the pot for extra flavor and texture.
- Use black beans or pinto beans instead of kidney beans for a different spin on classic chili.
This beef and bean chili recipe is a classic that’s sure to please a crowd. With a few simple ingredients and some time on the stove, you’ll have a delicious and hearty meal that’s perfect for any occasion. So, gather your ingredients and get cooking – your taste buds will thank you!