Lasagna Recipe | Quick, Tasty & Easy
Quick Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that’s popular all over the world. It’s a delicious and hearty meal that’s perfect for feeding a crowd or for leftovers throughout the week. In this article, we’ll guide you through making the perfect lasagna, step-by-step.
To make lasagna, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound ground beef or ground Italian sausage
- 1 jar of tomato sauce
- 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef or Italian sausage over medium-high heat until browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the jar of tomato sauce to the skillet with the meat and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup of the grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, dried oregano, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the lasagna noodles according to the package instructions until they are al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- In a 9×13 inch baking dish, spread a thin layer of the meat sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, followed by a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat with another layer of meat sauce, lasagna noodles, and ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat until you’ve used up all of the ingredients, making sure to end with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese on top of the lasagna.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the lasagna is hot throughout.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips for Success
- Be sure to cook the lasagna noodles al dente, or slightly firm, as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Use a good quality tomato sauce for the best flavor. You can also make your own homemade tomato sauce if you prefer.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving to make it easier to cut.
- Leftover lasagna can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Try using ground turkey or chicken instead of beef or Italian sausage for a lighter version.
- Add sautéed vegetables like mushrooms, onions, or bell peppers to the meat sauce for added flavor and nutrition.
- Experiment with different types of cheese, like fontina or provolone, for a unique flavor.
- Make a vegetarian lasagna by omitting the meat and adding layers of spinach or other vegetables.
Lasagna is a delicious and comforting dish that’s perfect for feeding a crowd or for leftovers throughout the week. With a few basic ingredients and a little bit of time, you can whip up a batch of perfectly cheesy and flavorful lasagna that’s sure to impress. So, grab some noodles and get cooking – your taste buds will thank you!