Chicken Alfredo Recipe | Quick, Tasty & Easy
Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Chicken Alfredo is a classic Italian dish that is creamy, flavorful, and easy to make. It is a popular dish that is loved by many due to its simple yet delicious taste. In this article, we will explore the history of Chicken Alfredo, the ingredients needed to make it, and a step-by-step guide on how to make it at home.
History of Chicken Alfredo
Chicken Alfredo, also known as Fettuccine Alfredo, is a classic Italian dish that originated in Rome in the early 20th century. It was created by Alfredo Di Lelio, who owned a restaurant in Rome called “Alfredo alla Scrofa.” The dish was made with simple ingredients like butter, Parmesan cheese, and fettuccine pasta. However, over time, the dish evolved, and chicken was added to it to make it more filling.
Ingredients for Chicken Alfredo
The ingredients required for Chicken Alfredo are readily available in most households. They include:
- Chicken Breast – Boneless and skinless chicken breasts are best for this recipe.
- Fettuccine Pasta – Fettuccine pasta is used for this dish as it pairs well with the creamy sauce.
- Butter – Unsalted butter is used to make the creamy sauce.
- Heavy Cream – Heavy cream is used to make the creamy sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese – Parmesan cheese is used to flavor the sauce and give it a cheesy taste.
- Garlic – Garlic adds a savory flavor to the dish.
- Salt and Pepper – Salt and pepper are added to enhance the flavors.
- Parsley – Parsley is used for garnishing.
Step-by-Step Guide to Making Chicken Alfredo
Now that we have all the ingredients let’s go through the step-by-step process of making Chicken Alfredo.
Step 1: Cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta and set it aside.
Step 2: Cut the chicken breast into small bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: In a skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chicken and garlic to the skillet and cook until the chicken is cooked through.
Step 4: Remove the chicken from the skillet and set it aside.
Step 5: In the same skillet, add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Whisk the mixture until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth and creamy.
Step 6: Add the cooked pasta to the skillet with the sauce and toss until the pasta is coated with the sauce.
Step 7: Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and stir until everything is combined.
Step 8: Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Variations of Chicken Alfredo
There are many variations of Chicken Alfredo that you can make depending on your taste and preferences. Here are some ideas:
- Add Vegetables – You can add vegetables like broccoli, mushrooms, or spinach to the dish for added nutrition and flavor.
- Use Different Pasta – You can use different types of pasta like penne or spaghetti instead of fettuccine.
- Use Different Cheese – You can use different types of cheese like Gouda or Asiago instead of Parmesan.
- Make it Spicy – You can add red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper to the dish to make it spicy.
- Use Different Protein – You can use shrimp, salmon, or tofu instead of chicken to make a vegetarian or pescatarian version of the dish.