What not to do after lip fillers? 8 Must Avoid Mistakes
Here are a few things that should be avoided after getting lip fillers:
- Don’t expose the area to excessive heat or sunlight: Sun exposure and heat can cause inflammation and irritation of the lips.
- Don’t apply any creams, lotions, or makeup to the lips: Applying any products can cause irritation, infection, and delay healing.
- Don’t engage in strenuous physical activity: Strenuous activity can cause swelling, bleeding and bruising of the lips.
- Don’t touch or massage the lips: Touching or massaging the lips can cause the filler to migrate or become uneven.
- Don’t consume alcohol or blood thinning medication: These substances can increase bleeding and bruising.
- Don’t fly or drive at high altitude: High altitude can increase swelling and bleeding.
- Don’t smoke: Smoking can slow the healing process and cause complications.
- Don’t be too impatient: It can take a few days for the filler to settle and the swelling to go down.
It’s important to remember that every person’s skin is different and may react differently, so it’s best to follow the aftercare instructions provided by the injector and consult with them if you have any concerns. Also, if you experience any signs of infection such as redness, itching, or fever, you should consult with your injector or a medical professional immediately.