Banana Pudding Recipe | Quick, Tasty & Easy
Banana Pudding Recipe
Banana pudding is a classic Southern dessert that is loved by many. It is a creamy, sweet, and refreshing dessert that is perfect for any occasion. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to make banana pudding, including the ingredients needed and the cooking process.
The ingredients needed to make banana pudding are:
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of cold water
- 1 (3.4 oz) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1 (11 oz) box of vanilla wafers
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Step 1: Prepare the pudding
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and cold water. Add the instant vanilla pudding mix and whisk until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Step 2: Whip the cream
In a separate mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. This will take about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
Step 3: Fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture
Using a spatula, gently fold the whipped cream into the pudding mixture until it is fully combined.
Step 4: Layer the pudding and wafers
In a 9×13 inch dish, layer the vanilla wafers on the bottom of the dish. Then, add a layer of sliced bananas on top of the wafers. Finally, pour half of the pudding mixture on top of the bananas.
Step 5: Repeat the layers
Repeat the layers, starting with another layer of vanilla wafers, followed by sliced bananas, and then the remaining pudding mixture.
Step 6: Top with wafers and chill
Top the final layer of pudding mixture with a layer of vanilla wafers. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight, to allow the pudding to set.
Step 7: Serve and enjoy!
Once the pudding has chilled, remove it from the refrigerator and serve. You can garnish the top with additional vanilla wafers or sliced bananas, if desired.
While the basic banana pudding recipe is delicious on its own, there are a few variations you can try to mix things up.
- Chocolate banana pudding: Add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder to the pudding mixture to create a chocolate banana pudding.
- Peanut butter banana pudding: Mix 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter into the pudding mixture for a delicious peanut butter banana pudding.
- Banana cream pie pudding: Use a graham cracker crust instead of vanilla wafers, and layer the pudding and bananas in the crust to create a banana cream pie pudding.
Tips for making the best banana pudding
- Use ripe bananas: The riper the bananas, the sweeter and more flavorful they will be.
- Chill the pudding for at least 4 hours: This allows the pudding to set and the flavors to fully develop.
- Use fresh whipped cream: Homemade whipped cream is much better than store-bought, so take the time to whip your own cream.
- Don’t overmix the pudding: Overmixing can cause the pudding to become runny, so be gentle when folding in the whipped cream.
- Use a glass dish: This allows you to see the layers of the pudding and makes for a beautiful presentation.
Banana pudding is a classic Southern dessert that is easy to make and always a crowd-pleaser. With a few simple ingredients and some basic kitchen skills, you can make a delicious and creamy banana pudding that is perfect for any occasion.