Fire OS vs Android OS, Main Difference & User Experience
Fire OS vs Android OS, Main Difference & User Experience
Lets Compare Fire OS vs Android OS. Now a days people talking about Fire os. As its new in the market and mostly people don’t know what is fire os and what is difference between fire os and android os.
So we decided to write an article about fire os vs android os to choose which is the best. Fire os tablets and smart phone are available in cheap rates in market. Actually fire os is by amazon. They made very cheap in rate but high in specification smart phones.
If you are going to buy a new smart phone and confused to choose between fire os and android, then you are at right place. Lets discuss both operating systems in detail. All amazon tablets and smart phone used their own operating system fire os. Basic structure of this operating system is very similar to Android.
Basic Difference Between Android OS and Fire OS
You can not use google play services in fire os and also you can’t use chrome browser. Instead of chrome browser you will find a silk browser already installed in it.
Android provide support for custom launcher but in fire you can’t use third party launchers. Fire os included a feature Kindle Free Time which is very useful for study purpose. Amazon Fire tablets and smart phones are especially designed to provide wide range of features in low price. You can do every thing as you do on your android tablet. But if you like to use apps from Google play store you should buy Android tablets.
Google Play Services
All Google play services are only for android os. So you can’t use them in fire os. Actually play services works as back bone for android. Many tasks working in background are managed by google play services. Is the main reason you can’t use Android apps to fire because it does not provide support for google play services.
Amazon Fire App Store Google Play Services
You will find only android apps on google play store. But at amazon app store you will find both android and amazon apps. But it does not mean you will find every app on amazon app store because all android developers does not upload android apps to amazon app store.
Difference In Price
Actually android phone are high quality and equipped with best hardware features. That’s why android phone and tablets are little bit costly and expensive. On the other hand fire os manufacturing smart phones with same specifications but low in rate and price. Actually fire os will show you advertisement even on your lock screen and they get benefits form their ads. If you don’t like these ads in fire os you have to pay to remove them. But android don’t sell ads based on Operating System.
Overview of Fire OS
Fire OS is a proprietary operating system that is based on Android. It was first introduced by Amazon in 2011 for their Kindle Fire tablets. Since then, it has been used in a variety of Amazon devices, including the Fire TV, Fire Phone, and Fire tablets.
Fire OS is known for its ease of use, security features, and Amazon-specific services such as Amazon Prime Video and Amazon Music. It also has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
Overview of Android
Android is an open-source operating system that was first introduced by Google in 2008. Since then, it has become the most widely used operating system in the world, with over 2.5 billion active devices.
Android is known for its customization options, wide range of applications, and compatibility with a variety of devices. It also has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate.
Comparison of Features
Both Fire OS and Android have user-friendly interfaces that are easy to navigate. However, Fire OS has a simpler interface that is designed to be used with Amazon-specific services. Android, on the other hand, has a more customizable interface that can be tailored to suit individual preferences.
Fire OS uses the Amazon Appstore, which offers a more limited selection of apps compared to the Google Play Store used by Android. However, the Amazon Appstore is tightly curated, and all apps are thoroughly vetted for security and quality.
This means that users are less likely to encounter malware or other security issues.
Fire OS is only available on Amazon devices, while Android is used by a wide range of manufacturers, including Samsung, LG, and Google’s own Pixel devices. This means that Android is more widely compatible with different devices and can be used on a wider range of smartphones and tablets.
Both Fire OS and Android offer robust security features, but Fire OS is known for its stringent security protocols. Amazon conducts regular security audits to ensure that all devices running Fire OS are secure and up-to-date. This means that users are less likely to encounter security issues such as malware or data breaches.
Advantages of Fire OS
- Integration with Amazon Services: Fire OS is tightly integrated with Amazon services such as Amazon Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Kindle Unlimited. This means that users can easily access and use these services on their Amazon devices.
- Simpler Interface: Fire OS has a simpler interface that is designed to be used with Amazon-specific services. This makes it easy for users to navigate and use their Amazon devices.
- Enhanced Security: Fire OS is known for its enhanced security features, including stringent security protocols and regular security audits.
Disadvantages of Fire OS
- Limited App Store: Fire OS uses the Amazon Appstore, which has a more limited selection of apps compared to the Google Play Store used by Android. This means that users may not be able to find all the apps they need.
- Limited Compatibility: Fire OS is only available on Amazon devices, which means that users cannot use it on other smartphones or tablets.
Advantages of Android
- Customization: Android offers a wide range of customization options, including the ability to change the home screen layout, install custom ROMs, and use third-party launchers. This means that users can tailor their Android devices to suit their individual preferences.
- Wide Range of Apps: Android has access to the Google Play Store, which offers a vast selection of apps, including many popular games and productivity apps. This means that users can find almost any app they need on Android.
- Compatibility: Android is used by a wide range of manufacturers and is available on a wide range of devices, including smartphones and tablets. This means that users have more options when it comes to choosing an Android device.
Disadvantages of Android
- Security Risks: Android is known to be more vulnerable to security risks, such as malware and data breaches. This is because it is an open-source operating system, and there are more opportunities for malicious actors to exploit vulnerabilities.
- Fragmentation: Android is used by a wide range of manufacturers, which can lead to fragmentation issues. This means that different devices may have different versions of Android or may not receive timely updates, which can lead to compatibility issues and security risks.
In conclusion, both Fire OS and Android have their strengths and weaknesses. Fire OS is a proprietary operating system that is tightly integrated with Amazon services, offers enhanced security features, and has a simpler interface.
However, it has a limited app store and is only available on Amazon devices. Android is an open-source operating system that offers a wide range of customization options, has access to a vast selection of apps, and is compatible with a wide range of devices. However, it is more vulnerable to security risks and can suffer from fragmentation issues.
Ultimately, the choice between Fire OS and Android will depend on individual preferences and priorities.
If you like quality and durability then its better choice to buy android devices. But if you like more features in low price you can choose fire os. If you like this article please share it to your friends on facebook and google plus. Also you can find best android apps here